Friday, September 20, 2019
- Lunch today is Tangerine Chicken with homemade rice pilaf.
- Again…..Congratulations to those that made the Varsity robotics team. A list of team members is on Mr. Edge’s door. Our first meeting is this Monday, Sept. 23rd 3:30-5 in Mr. Edge’s room. If you cannot make it, please let Mr. Edge know ASAP. For those that are interested, our Junior Varsity program will begin practices in March. Stay tuned for dates and times!
- This year you may have noticed a new addition to our lunch room. A hot water heater. Last year, Student Ambassadors' initiative 'Above and Beyond' worked hard to raise money for things that students would really appreciate. We know that many of you are using the hot water heater for soups, teas, noodles, etc...
We ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Bring your own utensils and bowls from home. Note: plastic utensils will melt.
- Do not ask the cafeteria staff for plastic spoons and forks.
- Be careful. It's HOT water!
Thank an Ambassador and Jeff for refilling it each day so you can enjoy hot items. If you have other ideas for our school, tell one of your 8th grade Ambassadors.
- At the end of the week, Porter leads off the soccer season with 2 wins for all four of our teams! You have some very proud coaches; way to be Positively Porter on the soccer field to each other and to the other teams. We saw great sportsmanship out there as you treated others with respect! And yes, there will be practice after school today. See you then!