MCPS Board of Trustee K-12 Vacancy
The MCPS Board of Trustees declared an elementary/high school trustee position vacant at the Board Meeting on September 8, 2020. The individual serving in this seat must reside within the Elementary District boundary, be a registered voter and ensure that they do not have a conflict of interest per policy 1512 Conflict of Interest. The board of trustees will appoint an individual to fill this seat until the first available school election, which is May 4, 2021. If the appointed trustee wishes to run for the May 4, 2021 election, the Declaration of Intent and Oath of Candidacy must be filed by March 25, 2021.
The timeline for filling the vacant seat is as follows:
- Application information made available – September 10, 2020
- Application materials due to the superintendent’s office – September 18, 2020
- Board meeting to interview candidates – October 13, 2020
- New trustee is seated – October 27, 2020
Application information is available below, or at the Superintendent's Office at 215 South 6th West, Missoula, Montana, 59801. If you are interested in being considered for appointment to this vacancy, please provide the following application materials to the superintendent's office by September 18, 2020.
You can also submit your application materials electronically by emailing Tracy Long at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please contact her at 728-2400, ext. 1026, to confirm the materials were received electronically prior to the deadline. Applications received after the September 18, 2020 deadline will not be considered.
Applicants must review Board Policy 1512 in regards to Board of Trustees Conflict of Interest.
For further information, email Tracy Long at email@example.com, or contact her at 728-2400, ext. 1026. The Superintendent’s Office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday- Friday.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- A letter with your full name, physical address and contact information. The letter should express your interest in filling the vacant seat. The appointee will serve until a successor has qualified after the May 4, 2021 regular school election.
- Attest that you are a registered voter, live within the boundary of Missoula County Public Schools Elementary District and ensure you do not have a conflict of interest per policy 1512 Conflict of Interest.
- Answer the following two questions in writing:
- Why do you want to be a school board member?
- Is it your intention to stand for election at the next school election on May 4, 2021?
A school trustee is a public office. Please understand that as a candidate for this vacancy, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public and posted on the district’s website. Your name, physical address and contact information (phone and email) will be provided to the media and the general public.