I wanted start out by letting you all know how proud I am of your child's hard work while at school and at home! They have been doing such an awesome job on their Remote Learning Packets! Below are a few announcements and updates:
1. The Fun Run: Your students have been so excited at school this week learning about our fundraiser. We are learning each day about character traits and getting students excited to earn prizes while asking for donations to help our school. Your student will be coming home with their fundraising packet Wednesday and Friday.
2. Technology: We are trying to determine the need for a Chromebook for our student's on their remote learning day. Please fill out the google form if your student is in need of a device.
3. Spelling: This week you will receive a new spelling card labeled Silent E. This will be your child's spelling words for the next 2 weeks. Please save the card that comes home this week so they can complete their Spelling work in the Remote Learning Packets this week and next.
4. Seesaw: This week you will receive a letter explaining how to set up a family Seesaw account at home. Your child has extra practice assigned to their Seesaw account this week. There are two math activities and one spelling. These are optional but fun work for your child to complete.
5. Library Books: Please make sure you child comes to school their first day to school each week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) with their library book and black bag. That gives Mrs. Fuller time to get their new book ready.
6. Classroom Needs: We could really use more Disinfecting Wipes. We are working hard to keep our room clean and safe and that requires a lot of extra cleaning. We also could use a box of each: gallon, quart and sandwich Ziploc bags (the freezer or slider bags if possible). Lastly, we could use little prizes for our treasure box. Students earn highfliers throughout the week and we draw one name (Wednesdays and Fridays) to win a prize from the class treasure box.
As always please reach out if you have any questions!
Ashley Flanagan & Megan Chrestenson