Summer 2019: Registration Open!
C.S. Porter is offering the following Summer Camps:
All camps are FULL.Our camps have long waitlists so if your youth is signed up for camp and unable to attend a summer camp please let us know ASAP.
- Nature Art: WEEK 1 | June 17-21 | 9 AM - 3 PM
- Chefs Table: WEEK 2 | June 24-28 | 9 AM - 3 PM
- Habitat Heroes: WEEK 3 | July 1-3 | 9 AM - 3 PM
- Wild about Wildlife: WEEK 4 | July 8-12 | 9 AM - 3 PM
- Hikers, Movers, & Shakers: WEEK 5 | July 15-19 | 9 AM - 3 PM
- Dungeons, Dragons, & Gladiators-oh my!: WEEK 6 | July 22-26 | 9 AM - 3 PM
CONTACTLinds Sanders, Youth Development CoordinatorThe Flagship Program, C.S. Porter Middle School728.2400 x4648 (office)406.697.6792 (Personal Cell, please only use during camp times)firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT CAMP INFORMATIONWhere to meet: Due to construction at C.S. Porter Middle School this summer our camps will be held at Willard Alternative High School (901 S 6th St W, 2 miles away from C.S. Porter). You may enter Willard via the double doors at the back of the new building.Be on Time: We frequently leave the school site for field trips, so please be sure youth arrive on time for programs or they may not be able to participate. If your student will be absent, please contact the Flagship Coordinator, Linds Sanders, as soon as possible. Each day, programs will begin and end at Willard Alternative High School.Permission Forms: Please return all attached permission forms as soon as possible. Your student will not be able to participate in Summer Programs without them. You may turn them in on the Monday of that camp week. Permission forms can be found at the Permission Forms Page, here.End of the Day: Students must leave the school grounds promptly when programs end for the day at 3:00 pm. Flagship does not provide transportation home.
- Water Bottle: Breakfast & lunch are provided by the Food Bank for all students, as well as snacks. You're welcome to bring your own snacks if you'd like. Bring a water bottle!
- Swimsuit & Towel: For Currents/Splash on scheduled days, see attached schedule .
- Sunscreen, Hat & Sunglasses
- Dress Appropriately: Remember the same C.S. Porter dress code still applies in the summer. Your appearance becomes the concern of the school and The Flagship Program if it causes disruption, is offensive or inappropriate.
Summer Camp ExpectationsIn order for everyone to have a fun and safe summer camp experience, we must follow certain rules and expectations.RESPECTFUL: Always be respectful to Flagship staff, activity instructors, peers, the school and the community.SAFE: Always listen to your activity instructor and follow safety procedures. This includes: wearing your seatbelt when being transported, following instructions at all times, and avoiding dangerous actions or risky behaviors.RESPONSIBLE: Come every day! We want to see you! Let us know if you’re not going to be able to come ahead of time, or if you will be late. Always bring sunscreen and a water bottle. On days we are scheduled to go to Splash bring a swimsuit and towel.BE OPEN: Summer Flagship is an opportunity to be exposed to new experiences. Be open to all activities and to meeting new friends!SCHOOL RULES: School rules still apply in the summer! No wearing hats inside the building. Follow the appropriate dress code. Cell phone use is not permitted unless permission is given. Intimidating, threatening, physically harming staff, peers or oneself, possession of tobacco or alcohol products, a weapon, mind-altering substances, or damage to school/Flagship property will result in police and parent involvement.VALUABLES: If students bring valuables to Summer Flagship activities (iPhones, iPads, iPods, wallets, money, etc.), Flagship and the school will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or broken valuables. Students are asked to use their valuables respectfully and responsibly if they bring them.