Amy Robinson 3rd Grade
Hello! My name is Amy Robinson. I teach third grade at Lowell School. You can reach me at 406-728-2400 ext. 4420 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.Upcoming Events
- HER LAST DAY IS TOMORROW--12/6 =(Our time is coming to an end with Mrs. Whitehead. She has been a great student-teacher and has built many relationships with the 3rd graders. As a thank you, I am creating a gift basket of school supplies to start her off for her first classroom. If you are able, it would be greatly appreciated if you could donate a school supply or two for the gift basket. I would like to keep this a secret from Mrs. Whitehead until we can give her the gift basket. Please encourage your child to give me the school supply discreetly. =)
- I have received a few headphones--thank you! But the headphones I have for the classroom are just about worn out. If you already sent headphones at the beginning of the year, please disregard this, but if you did not or are willing to donate another pair, it would be a great contribution to the class.
- On December 6th, the third graders will have an Arts Enhancement field trip at the University of Montana. This is cooridnated by SPARK!
- The first Battle of the Books competition is Tuesday, December 10 at 9:00 in the library.
- I am sending a book order home today. If you are interested in ordering, the due date is 12/10. This quick due date is so that if books are ordered as presents, they will be delivered before the break. If you want to keep the order a secret from your child, please email me and I will hold them out for you to pick up.
- Hip Holiday Market--Our biggest fundraiser is 12/14.
- There will be a holiday concert on 12/19. Third graders will be performing at 1:00-1:30.
- On Friday, December 20th, we will have a Read-a-Thon in the gym. Our class will be in there 10:30-11:00 and 2:00-2:30. Feel free to come to school and read with the kids during one of these times.
- Holiday break 12/23-1/3. School resumes 1/6.
Specials Schedule: 12/9-12/13
- M and Thurs--Music
- Tue and Fri--PE
- Please do not bring toys, pokemon cards, etc. to school. Things frequently get lost, and sadly, even stolen. Not to mention, these items are a distraction to the great learning that is going on.
What We Learned this Week
- We are explaining the characters' traits, motivations, actions, and feelings. We are also learning to write about characters that we have developed.
- We are reviewing numbers in base ten with an emphasis on subtracting with regrouping, especially across zeros.
What We Will Learn Next Week
- We will learn to identify how characters' actions affect the sequence of events. We will work on using descriptive details in a writing piece.
- We are continuing to review place value, base 10 operations, and adding and subtracting within 1000.
- Nightly reading of at least 30 minutes
- Practice multiplication math facts, working on 5s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 10s and 9s.
Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it when we use it.
- 8:25 Morning Routine/WritingSave
- 8:50 Whole Group Reading
- 9:50 Recess
- 10:05-11:15 Whole Group Reading Continued
- 11:15 Specials
- 11:45 Recess/Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 WIN time
- 1:00-2:00 Math
- 2:00-2:15 Science/Social Studies/early dismissal Thurs.
- 2:15-2:30 Recess
- 2:30-2:45 Science/Social Studies Continued
- 2:45-3:00 Clean up
- 3:00 Dismissal