We have so many fantastic ways to get involved in our school. Please consider volunteering for one of the many committees that make up the PTA. Whether as a committee lead or contributing member for a few hours, we would love to have your help. For more information, contact our PTA President or the contact indicated below.
- Fundraising (Local Products Fundraiser, Direct Ask and more)
- Help Wanted Ad Coordinators
- Corporate Contributions! Orange St. Food Farm, Fresh Markets, Good Food Store, Amazon Smile.
- Sock Hop
- Parents Night Out
- Famimly Fun Night
- Talent Show (1st annual show was in June 2019!)
- Outdoor Learning Center(OLC)/School Garden - contact teacher, Britt Sonsalla
- Mittens (Holiday Giving) and Sandals (summer giving) Project, contact Melanie in FRC
- Paxson Newsletter contributors, contact Melanie in FRC
- T-shirts and school apparel
- PTA bulletin boards
- School Pictures/Vision/Hearing Screening, one time few hour volunteer opportunity
- Conferences/Teacher Appreciation
- Riverbank Run/Field day
- Ice Cream Socials
- Family Movie Night
- On-Call PTA Volunteer
- PTA Board Role
- Academic Support Team (we no longer have this program, but be a lead volunteer and start it up again!)
- STRETCH Club (we no longer have this program, but be a lead volunteer and start it up again!)
Thank you for your willingness to share your time, enthusiasm, and skills with our students. Last year parents and community members logged thousands of volunteer hours. Your efforts, and the efforts of our many other volunteers, help to make Paxson the exceptional place that it is. Thank you for participating - you make the difference! If you are wondering whom to contact, a few lead volunteers:
- Maria Chestnut, Safety Committee
- Carin Hansen, Playground Committee
- Andrea Leeds, PEP Can and Kindness Committee
- Get involved! Email Help Wanted at email@example.com
Committee Leads Needed
- Family Fun Nights Coordinator
- Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator
Get Involved with 'Help Wanted' Ads
HELP WANTED ADS are emailed and/or posted in the school lobby. We gather requests from teachers, school administrators and our committees and post the needs. Our requests could be for new playground equipment to volunteers for scooping ice cream at the Ice Cream social; from bringing a food item for conference week to leading a committee. Respond to openings that fit your schedule and interests. We have something for everyone; one-time only, on-going, special projects! We don't have everyone's emails so if you do not get the Help Wanted ads via email, email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
INTERESTED IN SAFETY AT PAXSON? The Paxson Safety Committee is comprised of Paxson community, including parents, grandparents, guardians, volunteers and staff. This is a forum for ideas and problem solving! A place where any Paxson community member with any concern for safety in and around Paxson can bring ideas and then work with other members of the Paxson community to solve concerns for safety. We want to support the Paxson staff with the existing safety measures/recommendations by learning what they are. We want to encourage students- our children and others- to maintain those safety measures/recommendations before, during and after school. We invite you via occasional meetings, phone, or email to keep connected. Get in touch with Carin Hansen at email@example.com for more information.