RECOMMENDED OPTION FOR PAXSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOLOur proposal to improve the building is designed to ensure Paxson Elementary School students have a facility that meets the educational needs of 21st century students. When complete, Paxson will be a smarter school in many ways, including:
- Expanded school to 24 classrooms.
- Superior collaboration spaces for students, teachers and parents.
- Entryway remodeled to create secure and safe front entrance.
- Hastings and Evans streets reconfigured as "Parking Streets".
- Acoustical treatment of gymnasium.
- Wireless Internet access for classes and staff.
- Safe child-friendly pickup area for students, parents, staff and guests.
OPTION E-2 EXPAND
- Improve classroom space.
- Improve parking.
- Improve student drop off/pick-up areas.
- Technology improvements.
- Replace roof.
- Security improvements.
SECURITYModify facility to create obvious main entry, secure waiting area and ability to observe visitors approaching the building. Subdivide the building into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.TECHNOLOGYDevelop high-speed/high-volume fiber optic distribution to breakout spaces for projects, presentations and technology in each learning community, enhanced with robust wireless and hard-wired access points.ENVIRONMENTInstall barn doors and garage doors with quality acoustical materials between learning areas and breakout areas for projects, presentations and technology. Create small learning communities for teams of teachers and students that include traditional classroom as well as important support spaces for 1:1 tutoring, small groups, planning centers, storage, etc.