RECOMMENDED OPTION FOR COLD SPRINGS ELEMENTARY SCHOOLOur proposal to improve the building is designed to ensure Cold Springs Elementary School students have a facility that meets the educational needs of 21st century students. When complete, Cold Springs will be a smarter school in many ways, including:
OPTION R-1 REALIGN, RELOCATE, RENOVATE
- An obvious main entry, secure waiting area, and the ability to observe visitors approaching the building.
- The building subdivided into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.
- Adequate parking and safe parent drop-off/pickup zones as well as an appropriate bus loop.
- An infrastructure that supports robust technology use that is educational and impactful.
- Flexible learning spaces throughout that accommodate a variety of uses, including the traditional classroom, smaller collaborative groups and 1:1 tutoring, as well as areas for teacher collaboration, centers and storage.
- ADA compliance throughout, ensuring equal access to the entire facility.
- Finalize site location selection.
- Construct a new Cold Springs Elementary School.
SECURITYModify facility to create obvious main entry, secure waiting area and ability to observe visitors approaching the building. Subdivide the building into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.TECHNOLOGYDevelop high-speed/high-volume fiber optic distribution to breakout spaces for projects, presentations and technology in each learning community, enhanced with robust wireless and hard-wired access points.ENVIRONMENTInstall barn doors and garage doors with quality acoustical materials between learning areas and breakout areas for projects, presentations and technology. Create small learning communities for teams of teachers and students that include traditional classroom as well as important support spaces for 1:1 tutoring, small groups, planning centers, storage, etc.FACILITIES STRATEGIC PLAN
Site Area: 6.76 acres Remaining Deferred Maintenance Parking spaces: 65 & Energy Project Costs: $0 Building Square Footage Rental/Lease/Sale Income: None *All costs are projected based on industry averages Existing: 51,382 Current Enrollment: 495 for building costs, sizes and land prices. New: 0 Future Peak Enrollment: 477 Final project budget will be developed during the Total Project Cost: $11,115,221* Capacity: 450-500 design phase.