RECOMMENDED OPTION FOR SENTINEL HIGH SCHOOLOur proposal to improve the building is designed to ensure Sentinel High School students have a facility that meets the educational needs of 21st century high school students. When complete, Sentinel will be a smarter school in many ways, including:
OPTION E-1 EXPAND
- Upgrade technology infrastructure including wireless access in all classrooms and hard-wired access points.
- The 400 Building renovated for the Automotive Academy.
- Band, choir and drama programs centralized around an updated theatre, creating more collaboration and performance opportunities.
- A STEM Center in the 500 Building centralizes these technology-based programs
- A renovated 300 Building, providing restrooms and storage for sports programs.
- Parking lot improvements.
- Effective window covers for heating and cooling purposes.
- A more secure lobby and waiting areas, addressing school safety.
- Install new roof.
- Replace boilers.
- Improve classroom space.
- Relocate and cluster Fine Arts programs around theater.
- Connect 500 building to main building and renovate learning spaces.
- Safety and security improvements.
- Improve parking and drop off area.
SECURITYModify facility to create obvious main entry, secure waiting area and ability to observe visitors approaching the building. Subdivide the building into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.TECHNOLOGYDevelop high-speed/high-volume fiber optic distribution to breakout spaces for projects, presentations and technology in each learning community, enhanced with robust wireless and hard-wired access points.ENVIRONMENTInstall barn doors and garage doors with quality acoustical materials between learning areas and breakout areas for projects, presentations and technology. Create small learning communities for teams of teachers and students that include traditional classroom as well as important support spaces for 1:1 tutoring, small groups, planning centers, storage, etc.