RECOMMENDED OPTION FOR SEELEY-SWAN HIGH SCHOOLOur proposal to improve the building is designed to ensure Seeley-Swan High School students have a facility that meets the educational needs of 21st century high school students. When complete, Seeley-Swan will be a smarter school in many ways, including:
OPTION E-1 EXPAND
- Addition of a theater; this is fiscally prudent as the building was originally designed to support a theater.
- Appropriate practice areas for band, choir and drama classes.
- Barn doors or garage doors, acoustically insulated, to provide flexible space for both large and small groups.
- Updated learning areas for projects, presentations and technology.
- Safe and secure classroom for health enhancement classes.
- Storage areas to support 21st century learning.
- Stage, music, storage.
- Security and accessibility.
- Deferred maintenance/energy.
- Technology improvements.
SECURITYModify facility to create obvious main entry, secure waiting area and ability to observe visitors approaching the building. Subdivide the building into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.TECHNOLOGYDevelop high-speed/high-volume fiber optic distribution to breakout spaces for projects, presentations and technology in each learning community, enhanced with robust wireless and hard-wired access points.ENVIRONMENTInstall barn doors and garage doors with quality acoustical materials between learning areas and breakout areas for projects, presentations and technology. Create small learning communities for teams of teachers and students that include traditional classroom as well as important support spaces for 1:1 tutoring, small groups, planning centers, storage, etc.