RECOMMENDED OPTION FOR LEWIS & CLARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Our proposed option to expand Lewis & Clark Elementary School will serve students, teaches, and staff well. It matches our focus on 21st century teaching and learning. It is fiscally prudent, in that it addresses key issues now, while enabling the school to evolve classroom and collaborative space as needs and population change in the future. When complete, Lewis & Clark will be a smarter school in many ways, including:
- Ada compliance throughout the facility, including an elevator to the second floor.
- A secure and safe front entrance and pickup area for students, parents, staff, visitors and guests.
- An appropriately sized lunchroom, where children can take the necessary time they need to get the nutrition they need.
- A larger and more flexible library space that can keep up with technology and be used in numerous ways.
- Superior collaboration spaces for students, teachers and parents.
- Wireless Internet access for classes and staff.
OPTION E-2 EXPAND
- Improve classroom space.
- Improve library space.
- Improve lunchroom space.
- ADA accessibility upgrades.
- Technology improvements.
- Replace roof.
- Heat distribution.
- Safety and security improvements.
Modify facility to create obvious main entry, secure waiting area and ability to observe visitors approaching the building. Subdivide the building into secure zones with electronically activated door closers.
Develop high-speed/high-volume fiber optic distribution to breakout spaces for projects, presentations and technology in each learning community, enhanced with robust wireless and hard-wired access points.
Install barn doors and garage doors with quality acoustical materials between learning areas and breakout areas for projects, presentations and technology. Create small learning communities for teams of teachers and students that include traditional classroom as well as important support spaces for 1:1 tutoring, small groups, planning centers, storage, etc.
FACILITIES STRATEGIC PLAN
| Site Area: 8.59 acres|| Remaining Deferred Maintenance|| Accessible/Permanent Capacity: 450-500|
| Parking spaces: 20|| & Energy Project Costs: $0|| |
| Building Square Footage|| Rental/Lease/Sale Income: None||*All costs are projected based on industry|
| Existing: 60,143|| Current Enrollment: 481||averages for building costs, sizes and land prices.|
| New: 2,250|| Future Peak Enrollment: 500||Final project budget will be developed during|
| Total Project Cost: $6,582,722*|| Capacity: 450-500||the design phase.|
| Replacement Cost: $12,958,170|| Accessible Capacity: 450-500 |