5th Grade Music Class
What we are learning and working on in music class:
- We've learned 4 notes and have been working on 2 songs with recorders
- Steady beat and rhythm
- Reading, performing and creating steady beat and rhythm patterns.
- Creating and performing creative patterns thought of by the student.
- Auxilary percussion and sound effects
- This has been one of our biggest projects so far. We are creating our own sound effects to accompnay a silent film, Silly Symphony - Skeleton Dance (by Walt Disney Animations).
- Instrument introduction
- We reviewed instrument options for the beginning instrumental music program (band and orchestra).
- Each week we listen to and discuss a new instrument, some classical and some from different cultures around the world.
- We have reviewed solfege, and songs that develop singing voices.