Instructions for Judges
**Please remember that you HAVE to create a Tabroom account in order to judge this year! Instructions below!**
Setting Up A Tabroom Account:
- Navigate to Tabroom.com
- Click "Sign-Up" in the Upper Right of the page
- Fill out the Non-NSDA Member Form on the right side of the page. RMEMBER THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD!! NSDA will only allow you to create an account if your password is "Strong", so please write it down. This will be important information on the day you actually judge.
- Enter the Confirmation Code in the text box that was sent to the email you indicated when prompted.
- Click "Confirm Email"
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to inform them that you have completed your Tabroom account. Please specify the email address used to create the account!
- Big Sky Coaches will then add you to our Judges Roster and contact you regarding other information.
Recommended Before Tournaments:
- Explore Tabroom!
- Login to Tabroom.
- Click on your email address in the Upper Right of the page. This will take you to a page that says "Welcome to Tabroom!"
- To the right, there is a box that says "Judging", click on the link "Upcoming" to find the rounds you are scheduled to judge. (This may remain empty until shortly before a tournament so check back often!)
- In the box that says "NSDA Practice Rooms", click on the link that says "Test Competition Room". This will open a virtual competition room, much like any other video-conferencing app. This is how you will be judging during your assigned times.
- Enter any "Standing Conflicts" you might have for judging Big Sky Speech and Debate. For example, if you are a parent of a competitor, you would enter your student's name or email address so we can ensure that you will not be asked to judge their round. We ask all judges to be impartial.
- Click on the ? (question mark button) to the right of the Search Bar in the Upper Left of the Tabroom website. Click on the link "Judging" under the heading "Your Tabroom Account" to read instructions on judges ballots and how to update your account.
- Consider going to the National Speech and Debate Association website (Type NSDA into a Google search and click on the first link, or speechanddebate.org). Under the tab "Resources", navigate down to "Judge Training" and look over the information to ensure you are preared for judging your assigned rounds.
December 4-5 Tournament Judge Sign-Up (Google Survey). This will tell us that you are interested in judging, your contact information, and what rounds you are available for! This Survey NEEDS to be filled out in order to judge, thank you in advance :)
December 11-12 Tournament Judge Sign-up (Google Survey). This will tell us that you are interested in judging, your contact information, and what rounds you are available for! This Survey NEEDS to be filled out in order to judge, thank you in advance :)
December 18-19 Tournament Judge Sign-up (Google Survey). This will tell us that you are interested in judging, your contact information, and what rounds you are available for! This Survey NEEDS to be filled out in order to judge, thank you in advance :)
Above all, Big Sky Speech and Debate thanks you for all of your hard work. Without judges we would not be able to compete, so thank you for taking the time to help us out.