The MCPS Teaching & Learning Department has compiled strategies and educational activities that families can use to keep students engaged as we transition from a remote learning atmosphere to summer vacation. Our goal is to provide additional learning opportunities so families and students have some easy-to-implement, summer-inspired activities to keep our students engaged and to develop their love of learning.
Summer Enhancement learning activities are organized by grade level for each week of June. They contain a combination of low tech and technology-based options across multiple subject areas, including consideration for students' physical and mental wellness.
We hope that parents can partner with children to complete these activities. Some will include learning with devices and technology, while others do not; similar to the student experience during a typical school day. Although some of these resources are already regularly used in school, we hope that students have opportunities to try something new or show their learning in a new way.
All of these resources are comprised of learning activites recommended by our MCPS Teaching and Learning Instructional Coaches and teaching staff, community partners, colleagues from neighborhing districts across the Pacific Northwest, open source online curriculum, and partners from national organizations, including the Common Core Standards State Initiative.
- MCPS Libraries and Online Resources: For access to online resources and data bases, please see your school library webpage. If you have questions about your password, please contact your School Librarian.
- Online Learning Tools and Services for Students and Parents
- Clark Fork Watershed Education Program: Grades 4-7 Educational lessons to explore our watershed.
- Flagship: FLAGSHIP LIVE is a virtual, after school experience that will promote interaction and connection.
- Missoula Butterfly House: For videos, podcasts, and educational resources about insects and anthropods.
- The Missoula Writing Collaborative provides video and text based poetry lessons for Kindergarten to 6th grade
- MT Office of Public Instruction Summer Learning Opportunities: For access to free reading and math online resources across MT.
- SPARK! Creativity at Home with SPARK! Arts Ignite Learning provides great engaging, art-inspired activites to do at home.