Students are expected to earn 100 Musicianship Points (MPs) each ten-week grading period, aka Quarter. Students practice responsibility by tracking their own progress using the score sheet. MPs are submitted at the end of every Quarter and calculated for a grade.
Our goal is to nurture comprehensive musicianship in every student: skills, knowledge and affect. As an assessment, Musicianship Points require students to actively explore various aspects of music by emphasizing different projects and assignments. If you think of a new project idea, please submit it to Mr. Dochnahl.
Visit these links to earn points.
- Musicianship Point Score Card - (Turn in your point total, signed, at the end of each quarter)
- Practice/Creativity Log - 8 points per hour (2 points per 15 minutes)
- Listening Assignment Form (Album Critique) - 5 points
- Suggested listening: Female Wind Band Composers playlist
- Concert Critique Assignment Online Form - 10 points