Degrees and Certifications:
ELA Guiding Questions, Big Ideas, and Learning Targets
ELA "Bud, Not Buddy"
- I can cite text-based evidence to support an analysis of literary text.
- I can determine the meaning of literal and figurative language (metaphors and similes) in literary text.
- I can analyze how an author’s word choice affects tone and meaning in a literary text.
- I can analyze figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- I can cite text-based evidence to support an analysis of informational text.
- I can use a variety of strategies to determine word meaning in informational text.
- I can effectively engage in discussions with diverse partners about sixth-grade topics, texts, and issues.
- I can determine the main idea of an informational text based on details in the text.
- I can analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits in and contributes to the development of ideas in a text.